Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Source CD for UNIX

2000-12-19 16:15:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Source CD for UNIX
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:15:25 -0500
I have a few CDs that contain the NetBackup 3.2 software but for the life of me
I can't figure out which one is for Solaris servers. I know I've used it before
(once or twice) but since I do most of my installs over the network, I don't
use the CD much. I'm now in a position where I have to install the NetBackup
client on three firewall servers that I'm not allowed to get to over the
network (it's a long sad tale with security involvement). In reviewing the CDs,
I find I have "NetBackup for AFS 3.2" which specifically lists UNIX and Solaris
servers and Solaris clients. I also have a "NetBackup 3.2" CD that lists every
UNIX type platform EXCEPT Solaris. It also has a J0820226 Patch CD associated
with it that IS for Solaris and NT platforms. My question is, "What does the CD
I use to install the NetBackup UNIX client on a Solaris server look like?". Any
information would be greatly appreciated. Do I have a CD missing in action
somewhere?

Regards,

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager