Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] forced inventory on tld robots ?

2000-12-19 11:56:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] forced inventory on tld robots ?
From: KevinB AT paccessglobal DOT com KevinB AT paccessglobal DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:56:59 -0800
It is not an issue of non-supported devices (though you may be using some)
because there are many devices that are supported that don't have barcode
readers.  The issue is Veritas can't seem to get the concept of why users
would need the feature.  I brought this issue up 2 years ago (I am sure
someone did before that) and was told that it would be added as an
enhancement.  It wasn't added in 3.2 and I don't think it was added in 3.4.
I am now using only barcode capable devices and did not get around to
completely automating the process.  I think I saw this come as a question a
couple months back and someone had a script.  Hopefully someone will send
the script and it can be posted on the script archive on backupcentral.com.