Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Reading a tape manually through NDMP

2000-12-19 08:03:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Reading a tape manually through NDMP
From: Steve Moccio svm AT lucent DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:03:09 -0500
Hello all,

I am in a situation where I need to try to grab a directory from a backup
tape that is no longer in the database. The tape itself is marked available
but hasn't been over written yet. We have a Sun E3000 with the Storedge
L11000 Jukebox. One of the DLT tape drives is connected to a NetApp F740
using the NDMP protocol. Has anyone tried this? Robtest and veritas software
can see the drive through the netapp but commands like
dump,restore,mt,etc.... can not.

Thanks,
 Steve Moccio