Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NUMBER_ & SIZE_DATA BUFFERS

2000-12-18 13:03:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NUMBER_ & SIZE_DATA BUFFERS
From: Doug Braden Doug.Braden AT veritas DOT com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:03:12 -0600
SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS helps optimize backups when used to match the recommended
block size for your tape drive.  Depending on your drive technology it may
be 64k or 128k.  The SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS is visible in your Media Contents
report under the Block Size column.  The NUMBER of these buffers depends
upon your server's available memory.  (sorry, I don't have any ideas on your
NT client errors)

Doug Braden
VERITAS Impact Team