Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiple Client names is it possible?

2000-12-14 17:56:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiple Client names is it possible?
From: Bazinet, Steve Steve.Bazinet AT scb DOT com
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:56:27 -0700
I have a situation where we have a clustered application that resides on
nodeA, but will failover to nodeB.  In the class for the backup it uses the
name of nodeA as the client, but should really use the name of the
application/package called appA, whose IP is different then nodeA.

Can I have multiple CLIENT_NAME entries in my bp.conf for my applications
that are clustered, or does it matter?  Can just use appA as the client name
in the class, but the CLIENT_NAME in the bp.conf file on the host may be
different?

Make sense?

Steve Bazinet
SCB Enterprise Solutions