Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle DB backup on a NT client to a Unix backup server

2000-12-14 16:55:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle DB backup on a NT client to a Unix backup server
From: shyam hazari shyamdayal AT usa DOT net
Date: 14 Dec 00 14:55:06 MST
Admins,
        I have couple of questions related to backing up oracle database from
NT server to HP-UX backup server. I have a HP-UX backup server connected to a
L700 tape library and I am running NBU 3.4. Master and media servers resides
on the same server.   Most of the backups I am doing are using Business
copies. Now I am getting into the situation where I have to do a Oracle backup
on a NT client to my Unix server. Now

1)What software I need to install i.e client software and oracle agents on NT
client ?

2) What  are the configurations needs to be done on the backup server(Unix)
and the NT client ?

3)How do I backup the logical logs ?

4)How do I use RMAN for backing up the databases ?

5)Any backup scripts ?

4)Do I need separate license for the Oracle agents ?

I appreciate y'r help

SHyam Hazari,
Qwest,

Ph No 408 497 0387