Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Moving Master server

2000-12-13 10:32:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Moving Master server
From: Buffington, Devon Devon_Buffington AT AIMFUNDS DOT COM
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:32:58 -0600
Hello all,
First, my question - Can you move the "master" part of a master/media server
to a different machine, leaving the "media" part behind on the server
connected to the library? I have perused the archives of this list and can't
find an answer exactly to this question.

This is why I'd like to do this - We are expanding our abckup library
capabilities, and we are adding another backup server. We currently are
using one backup server, and it is the master and media server all in one. I
would like to make an Ultra 2 the Master and have all the E4000's as
strictly media servers. Is this possible (the moving the master part)?

Devon Buffington