Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore to Alternate Client

2000-12-12 11:11:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore to Alternate Client
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:11:12 -0500
So ...

I have to update the configuration on the new temporary server to include the
name of the client whose data I want to use as source for the restore? Man,
this is confusing. You definitely have to have a score card for this one.
Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "McMurphy, Tim" <Tim.McMurphy AT cdcgy DOT com> 12/12/00 11:06AM >>>
You will also (as of 3.2) add the original target name to the new server to
do an alternate path restore. I found this out after upgrading from 3.11
which didn't require it.

PS. Remember to delete the original target name from a server or you will
back it up twice! Once directly and once through your new server (assuming
that the original target is still online). I accidently was backing up 80
gig on a server with 30 gig of space for a couple of days.