Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scheduled Backups not starting

2000-12-06 14:37:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scheduled Backups not starting
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 11:37:30 -0800 (PST)
I have emailed product management about this little
problem and I hope they have a fix in the next Jumbo
patch.

I discovered it much the same way you did, but since I
was the only one deploying this solution, I couldn't
blame anyone but myself...and that wasn't going to
happen.

So after about a 1/4 day's worth of work I realized
what happened and made a note in the operations manual
that I have written for my client.

David

Quoting "O'Shea, Don" <Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com>:

> Actually it is an NT Master. Oops, I guess it is
probably too late for me
> retrieve the nasty email I sent to the operations
manager. :-)

> Don

starting

> is this by chance an NT Master Server?
>
> I found a bug in the interface that changes the
> frequency back to 1/wk (default) when you change the
> backup type.
>
> David
>
> Quoting "O'Shea, Don" <Don.OShea AT emergis DOT com>:
>
> > I had originally typed a reply that the frequency
was
> set to daily and
> > thought I better double check before hitting the
> send. As it turns out
> > someone had gone in and changed the frequency to
once
> a week.
> >
> > In my case, with some of the people we have using
> Netbackup, it would be
> > nice to have some kind of security level where I
> could lock down backup
> > configurations to only allow certain individuals
> access to make changes.
> > The
> > rest would only be allowed to start, stop and
monitor
> backups and restores.
> >
> > Thanks for all your help everybody.
> >
> > Don O'Shea
> > Systems Analyst
> > BCE Emergis
> > Financial Services Division
> > Phone: (905) 707-4000 Ext. 3765
> > Fax: (905) 707-4329

These
> are set with a start
> > time and duration for each day of the week.  These
> tell NetBackup when it
> > is
> > allowed to start this particular class.  So here's a
> simple example.  Let's
> > say you have windows set seven days a week, that
> start at 1800hrs with a
> > duration of 6 hours.  Then you have a frequency of
> two days.  That backup
> > will run every two days around 1800hrs.  So check
> your windows and
> > frequency
> > to see where the problem is.

> > Steve White
> > Collective Technologies
> > Senior Consultant
> > Email:  stevew AT colltech DOT com
> <mailto:stevew AT colltech DOT com>
> > Phone:  360-607-1911
> > Pager:  1-800-946-4646 PIN 1706042
> > Send short text messages to 1706042 AT archwireless DOT net
> > <mailto:1706042 AT archwireless DOT net>

starting

> > > does anybody know what would cause backups to not
> kick off at their
> > > scheduled times. The classes are set to active and
> everything
> > > looks fine but
> > > unless the operators manually start the backups
> they will not run.
> > >
> > > Don O'Shea
> > > Systems Analyst
> > > BCE Emergis