Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] tape eject after backup - a script that might work for you too....

2000-12-01 11:55:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] tape eject after backup - a script that might work for you too....
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:55:41 -0600
Hmmm

Curiouser and curiouser.   I left out the -rc1 arguments and this is what
happened:
#4 amazon:/ > /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -res -m 000057 -mt 8mm -e ;\
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -res -m 000062 -mt 8mm -e ;\
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -res -m 000070 -mt 8mm -e

        remove 000057 from mailslot of robot 0 now

        remove 000057 from mailslot of robot 0 now
        (press <RETURN> to continue)

        remove 000062 from mailslot of robot 0 now

        remove 000062 from mailslot of robot 0 now
        (press <RETURN> to continue)

        remove 000070 from mailslot of robot 0 now

        remove 000070 from mailslot of robot 0 now
        (press <RETURN> to continue)

As you can see, it's still prompting me after each tape rather than filling up
the slots in the mail drawer.   Any ideas?

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Broadband Services
Enron Building 1472c
ph (713) 345-4291
fax (713) 646-8063

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          kolinsky@coll|
|        |          tech.com     |
|        |                       |
|        |          11/30/00     |
|        |          02:26 PM     |
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     John Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications@Enron         |
  |       Communications                                                  |
  |       cc:     DONALDG AT tc.gc DOT ca, shyamdayal AT usa DOT net,
        |
  |       veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |       Subject:     Re: [Veritas-bu] tape eject after backup - a script|
  |       that might work for  you too....                                |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

John,

I think you need to drop the "-rc1 0" part of the command
You are basically telling vmchange to put each tape in the
slot.  The robot is smart enough to know that that slot has
been used and will automatically go to the next one.

Here is the command I use:

$media_type="dlt"
foreach $media_id (000123 000124 000125 ...)

           vmchange -res -m $media_id -mt $media_type -v OFFSITE -e

end

--

--Lee

Client Site: EATON Corp. Cleveland OH (440) 954-5626