Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Job Doesn't End

2000-11-27 12:19:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Job Doesn't End
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 12:19:44 -0500
I recently saw a case where the backup job indicated the job was completed
(data writing ended) but the actual job itself did not end. I discovered that
it continued to run 4+ additional hours before I finally caught it. I could not
KILL them by conventional means. I guess I could have killed them with the UNIX
KILL command but because I did not know how the master server was being
effected, I chose to re-boot the server. Can anyone tell me what's happing with
this and what I can do to prevent it?

Regards,
Dennis Dwyer

Dennis F. Dwyer