Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] To ensure overwrites

2000-11-15 17:55:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] To ensure overwrites
From: Joshua Fielden jfielden AT excitecorp DOT com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:55:14 -0800
On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 03:53:47PM -0600, John_Wang AT enron DOT net spake unto
the multitudes:
>      - Degaussing an AIT tape requires about two to three hours of wait time
> before the tape is usable (chip scrambled etc.)

Are you sure about that? Our 'degauss' situation is for the same reason - mail.
The tapes we are degaussing are DTF-2, and there is no lag due to the chip on
them...

--
"Any man page that includes the words "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. BEWARE OF DOG.
SLIPPERY WHEN WET" means trouble" - Michael Lucas