Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Advanced reporting?

2000-11-13 07:49:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Advanced reporting?
From: Gustavo Chaves gustavo AT cpqd.com DOT br
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:49:44 -0200

  Ryan> Has anyone found or made an automated way of reporting backup
  Ryan> times & MB/second in a report via a shell/perl script or
  Ryan> otherwise?  Without knowing much about Veritas Advanced
  Ryan> Reporter, I would *assume* it provides this, but buying it
  Ryan> isn't an option.

I run the script http://www.cpqd.com.br/~gustavo/software/nbujobs
after each backup session (calling it from
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/session_notify).  It generates a report very
similar to what you can see in the Job Monitor and summarizes the
total files, total size and the throughput of the session.

In the same place you can find the script nbuplotjobs that reads the
output of nbujobs and plots a graph (using gnuplot) of throughput and
jobs over time.

Note that I use them on NBU 3.2.  I haven't upgraded to 3.4 yet.

Hope it helps.

Gustavo.