Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup over a private network

2000-11-10 11:12:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup over a private network
From: Lee Kolinsky kolinsky AT colltech DOT com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 11:12:02 -0500
Make sure when you set up the backup class for this Oracle backup
that you have fully qualified the client name for the private
backup network.  Also, I'm assuming that this client is dual attached
(that is it is attached to both your public and private network)
via two NIC cards.  If not you will achieve the results you want.
You may have to define the client twice on the Netbackup master,
once with the public name and again with the private name so that
the master knows about a client on each subnet.