Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] To ensure overwrites

2000-11-08 19:48:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] To ensure overwrites
From: W. Curtis Preston curtis AT colltech DOT com
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 16:48:39 -0800
I would:
1. Create a pool just for those backups
2. Force those backups to that pool (class definition)
3. Relabel tapes older than a week.  (Relabeling them renders them unusable.)

You DON'T want to degauss tapes if you plan on reusing them, depending on
the drive.  A degaussed tape returned to a DLT drive will take about 2
hours to get ready for use.  (It has to rewrite the headers on boths ends
of the tape.)