Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup error status 196

2000-11-01 06:12:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup error status 196
From: Bill May mayb AT veritas DOT com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 06:12:29 -0500
As the amount of data you back-up grows the length of the jobs running on
the drives does likewise.  It's most likely that you have more backup jobs
running than tape drives available so some get queued to be run when the
tape drives are finished running other jobs.  If, by the time these other
jobs can have access to the tape drive, their backup windows - when they're
allowed to start - are closed, you will get status 196 errors.

Probably not the clearest of explanations (it's early here!), but I hope it
helps.

-Bill