Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone know ALL the NBU NT Registry Keys?

2000-11-30 20:47:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone know ALL the NBU NT Registry Keys?
From: fx [François-Xavier Peretmere] fx AT Veritas DOT com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 02:47:07 +0100

 almost the same, HKLM.

> b. entries that actually have local config info, like server
> name, OTM settings, etc.

 HKCU

> A possible "temporary key" might be the three entries that
> look like this:
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\NetBackup INET
> Daemon\Security]

 ControlSet### are "old" versions of the CurrentControlSet hive
(stuff you can restore when choosing 'last known good configuration'
during the boot process). you don't want to mess in those keys.

 installed services are registred on this area, that's why you
find NetBackup stuff there. what you'll find there depends of
which services are installed, ie. client or server binaries.

> Also, am I _missing_ any keys?

 why not keep in simple and plateform independant by using the
bpgetconfig command ?

 fx

--
     fx AT veritas DOT com       | the only problem with troubleshooting
François-Xavier Peretmere | is that sometimes trouble shoots back