Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] command line eject

2000-10-30 16:58:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] command line eject
From: Rob Worman rob AT colltech DOT com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 14:58:21 -0700
At 11:35 AM -0800 10/30/00, Joshua Fielden wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 10:54:57AM -0800, W. Curtis Preston filled up my inbox
>with:
>>
>> This was just asked/answered, but here goes again:
>>
>> You can use robtest/tldtest.  The only problem with robtest/tldtest is that
>> it requires that you run it on the actual media server.  The command below,
>> while rather long, will work from the master.
>>
>> $master = name of master
>> $media_id = Six-digit label of tape
>> $density = media type (e.g. dlt)
>> $volume_group = a logical name for where you're sending the tape
>>
>> vmchange -vh $master -res -m $media_id -mt $density -rt none -rc1 0 -rc2 0
>> [ -v $volume_group ] -e -sec 5
>>
>> What this command essentially says is "change the 'residency' (-res) of
>> $media_id, which is a $density tape to not be in a jukebox anymore (-rt
>> none -rc1 0 -rc2 0), put it in the $volume_group group, and move it to the
>> ejection slot (-e) and wait five seconds for the ejection to finish (-sec
>> 5)."
>>

>Nitpicky as this sounds, I have an actual use for this...
>
>Can you specify WHICH mailcap slot with any of these commands? I didn't >see
>that anywhere, but the NyQuil may be interfering with my man
>page-reading ability. :)

You mean something like "eject the tape into the 5th slot of the door"?

I don't think vmchange will let you specify a specific cap slot like that, but
robtest will.  If you specify "m s1 i1", for example, it will move the tape
from slot 1 to inport slot 1 (I believe it counts from the top of the door,
IIRC).  It works on an STK9740, anyway.

I hate to think why you need this, though...

rob