Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Ressigning tapes from one pool to another.

2000-10-23 22:51:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Ressigning tapes from one pool to another.
From: Jim VandeVegt vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:51:31 -0700 (PDT)
--- Mukarram Syed <musyed AT onebox DOT com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am fairly new to netbackup. the question goes as follows:
> I have some tapes assigned to a certain pool.  I need to deassign
> those
> tapes from that pool and reassign them to the scratch pool so that
> the
> tapes can be available for other uses.
> I know I can run a bpexpdate <options> <mediaID> and that will
> expire
> the date of those tapes from the Netbackup image catalog.  But how
> do
> you transfer tapes from one pool to another?

Once the media has no images on it, use the Media Manager to change
the pool.  I highlight all the tapes I want to move, right-click,
change, checkmark the pool, select the scratch pool, and OK.

=====
Jim VandeVegt
vandevegt AT yahoo DOT com vandevegt AT avaya DOT com
http://members.xoom.com/vandevegt
Toilet paper should come off the front!