Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU database problem/bad image header

2000-10-19 17:10:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU database problem/bad image header
From: RYAN C. ANDERSON ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:10:31 -0500
Rob,

We do have regular filesystem backups made for the nbu db, so we're
covered there.  To get these 2 classes
Well, I went ahead and deleted the zero-length files that NBU was
cacking on, and I was able to run successful backups with no 'bad image
header' error messages.  I'll see if there is any difference in what is
there now in the /usr/openv/netbackup/db/(hostname)/...  directory that
I modified and the last good backup before the incident.  Otherwise
everything appears fine now.

Thanks much,

RCA

Rob Worman wrote:

> Ryan-
>
> the bad news:
> As you have probably already concluded, you have database corruption - it
> happened because your NBU database filesystem filled up while NBU was trying
> write catalog data about ongoing backups.  It even appears as if this
> corruption
> is preventing ongoing backups from working?
>
> the good news:
> It's not hard to fix, it just might take awhile to track down the corrupted
> files.
<snip>