Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Any decision reached on multi-streaming and bpstart/bpend?

2000-10-18 19:38:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Any decision reached on multi-streaming and bpstart/bpend?
From: Andrew Steingruebl steingra AT pprd.abbott DOT com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:38:58 -0500
A while ago there was a discussion about how to make sure that the bpstart/end
scripts for a class with multi-streaming were only executed once.  It appears
that the only good way to do it is to write some sort of checkpoint that
stores state for each time a start is called, and then only calls the end
script when the checkpoint decrements to 0.

This doesn't seem extremely difficult to do, but Curtis indicated back in
November that it was a little tricky, so I'm not sure I'm thinking of all the
issues.

Anyone want to volunteer the answer?

Thanks.

--
Andy Steingruebl              | e-mail: steingra AT pprd.abbott DOT com

Unix Systems Admin/Programmer | phone:  (847) 935-4728
Unix/Network Security         | fax:    (847) 935-0142
Abbott Laboratories, PPDR&D   | post:   100 Abbott Park Road, D472 - AP9A