Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Swapped tapes

2000-10-16 17:05:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Swapped tapes
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:05:29 -0500
Interesting,   but expiring and re-importing won't change the magnetic label on
the tape so when netbackup asks the robot for the first tape and then reads it,
it's still going to puke because the magnetic label will say it's the other
tape, won't it?   Seems to me that even with the expiring and re-importation
approach, I still have to drop a drive out of automatic control, manually cause
the robot to mount the tape (maybe even open up the darn thing and pop it in
myself but I need to know how to do this remotely) and then somehow get
netbackup to think that drive is under operator control and to do it's stuff
then.

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals

---
Enron Broadband Services
3 Allen Center, Room 337C
PH (713) 345-6238

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          fx AT veritas DOT co|
|        |          m            |
|        |                       |
|        |          10/16/00     |
|        |          04:40 PM     |
|        |          Please       |
|        |          respond to fx|
|        |                       |
|--------+----------------------->
  |       To:     veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

  |       cc:     (bcc: John Wang/Contractor/Enron Communications)             |
  |       Subject:     Re: [Veritas-bu] Swapped tapes                          |

 hum. and what about expiring the tapes, and reimporting them. could
be long i know (as long as reading the entire tape) but if you've
got time during the day...

 fx

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

--
      fx AT veritas DOT com      | With searching comes loss
François-Xavier Peretmere | And the presence of absence;