Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Swapped tapes

2000-10-13 14:12:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Swapped tapes
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:12:19 -0500
Hello

For some strange reason, I have two tapes in the library that have each other's
magnetic label and contents.   Apparently they were labelled and written to at a
time when the volume database didn't match the barcodes.   We do not have a
means of regenerating the barcodes to relabel the tapes to match their contents
but we will try to peel and re-attach if necessary.   However, if there's some
way of copying the contents to other tapes, expire the originals and then
relabel the original tapes so that their magnetic labels match the bar code,
that would be a preferred approach.   Any ideas as to how to do this?

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals