Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] can't restore empty NT dirs

2000-10-04 22:05:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] can't restore empty NT dirs
From: Rob Worman rob AT colltech DOT com
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 19:05:03 -0700
It's makin' me crazy, I'm almost certain I've seen this before, but I
cannot for the life of me figure out the source of my problem:

This is an NBU 3.2 (patch 226 - yeah I know it's old) Solaris master
that is restoring from and to an NT client.

When I go to do a restore of a large directory, an alternate-path
alternate-client restore that is, I see all the files get restored
with no problem (and the restore exits with a status 0, "restored
288345 out of 288345 files")

buuut those pesky NT folk :) come back to me with the following complaints:

-none of the empty directories were restored!

-none of the NTFS permissions are correct on the directories that DID
get restored!  (although the perms are fine for the actual files that
got restored)

I am able to verify that the empty directories did get backed up (I
can see their entries in the
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/$CLIENT/$DATE/$BACKUPID_FULL.f file,
anyway)... so why am I seeing these problems?

any insight?

TiA
rob

ps. I know that the latest jumbo patch could certainly address this
problem (although there's no mention of these problems in the patch
443 README)