Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Oracle 8.1.5 RMAN backup failing with Netbackup 3.2

2000-10-03 08:51:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Oracle 8.1.5 RMAN backup failing with Netbackup 3.2
From: tummala,sudheer sudheertummala AT lucent DOT com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 08:51:09 -0400
Hi,

I have been consistently receiving the following error message while doing a
full backup on oracle 8.1.5 database:

RMAN-08522: input datafile fno=00023
name=/acme/db/d6/acmeor2/tbs_wat_full_idx_0
1.dbf
RMAN-08522: input datafile fno=00018
name=/acme/db/d4/acmeor2/tbs_wat_full_dat_0
1.dbf
RMAN-08522: input datafile fno=00011
name=/acme/db/d5/acmeor2/tbs_wat_idx_01.dbf
RMAN-08522: input datafile fno=00006
name=/acme/db/d3/acmeor2/tbs_wat_dat_01.dbf
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03006: non-retryable error occurred during execution of command: backup
RMAN-07004: unhandled exception during command execution on channel t1
RMAN-10035: exception raised in RPC: ORA-27206: requested file not found in
medi
a management catalog
ATEN-10031: ORA-19583 occurred during call to
DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.BACKUPPIECECRE

Recovery Manager complete.

I searched Oracle Metalink. I found a document mentioning the following:

        After a backup is complete, we query the media management catalog to
confirm its existence. In this
        case, the backup piece that we just created is being reported as not
found in the Veritas Netbackup
        catalog.Veritas engineers need to become involved to explain why the
file is being reported as unfound.

        NOTE, You are not first one reporting this problem with Netbackup.
It looks like this may be
         Netbackup bug.

This database backup has been working fine until three days before. From
then onwards, it is consistently giving
the aforementioned error.

Has any one come across this problem?

Sudheer Tummala,