Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] script repository?

2000-09-27 13:44:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] script repository?
From: Mike Daigle mdaigle AT yorku DOT ca
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:44:32 -0400
A number of good points raised why Veritas should not host this idea.
Well it was just a thought, now it looks like it was a bad one.
Thanks for all your input!

"Roger B.A. Klorese" wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Lawrence, Bob wrote:
> > Veritas are hardly going to advertise my free version when they are trying
> > to sell theirs.
>
> There's a bigger issue -- one of support.
>
> No matter how many times, ways and places you put the words
> "nonsupported" on a piece of software or archive, if a vendor is involved
> in its distribution, some customer will expect support and get huffy when
> it is not provided.
>
> That's the reason I asked Doug Hughes to create these lists' predecessor,
> veritas-users, at Auburn instead of doing it myself at VERITAS when I was
> there.
>
> --
> ROGER B.A. KLORESE                                          rogerk AT
> QueerNet DOT ORG
> PO Box 14309                                            San Francisco, CA
> 94114
> "There is only one real blasphemy -- the refusal of joy!"       -- Paul
> Rudnick

Mike Daigle                                          \ |       |
Operations Project Supervisor                         \| /\ |~ |/
Management Information                                 | \/ |  |\
Room 039 Steacie Science Library                       UNIVERSITY
Email: mdaigle AT yorku DOT ca                 4700 Keele St. North York
Phone: 736-2100 ext.22730               Ontario, Canada   M3J 1P3

For thousands of years man lived just like the animals;
Then something happened that unleashed the power of his imagination;
He learned to talk.
        -- Pink Floyd