Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] script repository?

2000-09-27 13:28:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] script repository?
From: Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk AT QueerNet DOT ORG
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:28:04 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Lawrence, Bob wrote:
> Veritas are hardly going to advertise my free version when they are trying
> to sell theirs.

There's a bigger issue -- one of support.

No matter how many times, ways and places you put the words
"nonsupported" on a piece of software or archive, if a vendor is involved
in its distribution, some customer will expect support and get huffy when
it is not provided.

That's the reason I asked Doug Hughes to create these lists' predecessor,
veritas-users, at Auburn instead of doing it myself at VERITAS when I was
there.

--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE                                          rogerk AT QueerNet
DOT ORG