Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] media server advice

2000-09-23 12:02:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] media server advice
From: Donna Nadimi donna.nadimi AT lucasfilm DOT com
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 09:02:15 -0700
I need some advice.

We have two independent Netbackup master servers in place.  One at our main
office and one at a branch office.  Until now, these have been administered
separately.

How hard would it be to combine the databases so that we only have one
master at the main office and set up a media server at the branch office?
Is it possible to import the branch database into the main database?

It seems easy enough to set up from scratch, but since there's a year's
worth of data on the server at the branch office, that's not an option.

Both servers are Sun E450's running Solaris 2.6 with NBU 3.2.  Network is
good between the two.  The main office and branch are just a few miles apart
connected by a T1.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.  (Also, instructions on how to do this
would be much appreciated as well :)

Donna Nadimi
UNIX Systems Engineer
Lucasfilm Ltd.