Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] exporting HP's java display to other UNIX flavors

2000-09-13 23:54:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] exporting HP's java display to other UNIX flavors
From: Ty Young tyyyoung2 AT home DOT com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:54:16 -0500
I was amazed to read in the SysAdmin manual for Netbackup 3.4GA (UNIX) that
NetBackup's java interface can only be exported from the server to a remote
host if it's (a) running on a Solaris box on the server end, and (b) also
running Solaris on the client end.  (So, in my situation of having an HPUX
11.0 server, I'm pretty much out of luck, according to this statement.)

However, I've discovered that the statement is, in fact, untrue, because I
can export the display of my HPUX 11 server to my PC, running WinNT, and
using Reflection-X (or eXceed.)

Anybody have any comments or suggestions?  I'm not as much of a fan of, nor
expert in, HPUX as I am Solaris, but I sort-of like the HPUX system I'm
testing this on right now.  But I need to be able to export the display to
my Sun workstation too...

Thanks for any comments or reactions...

-ty