Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to make HP N-class and ATL P3000 library's robot talk?

2000-09-07 23:50:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to make HP N-class and ATL P3000 library's robot talk?
From: Ty Young tyyyoung2 AT home DOT com
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 22:50:21 -0500
I'm in an evaluation period right now for my corporation of NetBackup
DataCenter 3.4.  Ironically, we don't have any spare Solaris servers lying
around we can use, but (don't ask) we have an ATL P3000 sitting around,
completely unused. :-)

However, I *do* happen to have a spare N-class (4000) box, with lots of RAM
and disk space, etc., running HPUX 11.0 (64bit) so I installed NB on it
today.

The device configuration wizard recognizes all eight DLT drives inside the
jukebox, but not the robot.  an ioscan reports all eight drives as well,
along with the robot, but ... something's just not quite right.

Anybody else run across this situation, and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!  Anxiously awaiting any and all replies...

-ty