Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetApp/NDMP to non-NetApp connected tapedrive/jukebox

2000-09-01 09:17:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetApp/NDMP to non-NetApp connected tapedrive/jukebox
From: Rudy Nedved ern AT spinnakernet DOT com
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 09:17:45 -0400
Bob,

Thanks for your information. I had come across the documentation indicating
that one could backup from a NetApp via NDMP over the (LAN) network to another
NetApp.

The documentation also indicates (from NetApp too) that a fiber channel network
with a Brocade switch enables multiple NetApps to share a tape drive(s).

I am hoping that Veritas will enable mixing NDMP backups and their backups
together. Maybe they can add a "container" concept to their backup format
so they can include an NDMP stream (and even multiplex it).

Thanks again,
-Rudy