Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SQL for NT Agent Configuration

2000-08-31 23:37:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SQL for NT Agent Configuration
From: Simon Lurye simon.lurye AT veritas DOT com
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:37:37 -0400
Before I start making assumptions did you do these steps?

You have to configure a user DSN.  And you must be LOGGED in on the nt box
as the user you plan to setup the dsn for while setting up the dsn.  The
netbackup client service must also login as that user.

After that you have to start up the dbackup nbu sql client gui from the
command line with these switches.

dbbackup -mssql -dsn "name of the dsn you created" -u "user" -p "password -
sorry but it's just once"

You'll get a can't connect error and the gui will bring you into its dbms
setup.  There you make sure nbu is logging in with the dsn you setup.

Simon Lurye
Senior Consultant
Veritas Software