Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup novice: anybody backing up NetApp filers?

2000-08-28 20:09:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup novice: anybody backing up NetApp filers?
From: Ty Young tyyyoung2 AT home DOT com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:09:50 -0500
Hi.  I'm one of probably many who are giving up on Legato's NetWorker in
favor of what I hope is a better backup solution in NetBackup.  There are
three things we really need NetBackup to do:

(1) back up, as well as restore, data to/from a NetApp filer (if you think
restores should be a given, just try restoring data to a NetApp using
Legato, or better yet, try getting support from Legato for such an
operation!)

(2) back up Lotus Notes databases

(3) back up a UNIX server to an NT server (yes, you read that correctly)

Thanks for any feedback you may have!

-ty

Ty Young,
UNIX Systems Administrator