Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Getting media ID from a previous backup

2000-08-28 13:36:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Getting media ID from a previous backup
From: Matteson, Ryan Ryan.Matteson AT bellsouth DOT com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:36:07 -0400
Hello Folks,

Has anyone written a script to get the media ID's from a previous backup? We
schedule our backups through the GUI and going into xbpadm I can get the
media ID's. I need to do this from the command line so a Backup engineer
can pull the tapes and offsite them. I have looked at bpimagelist but it
does not seem to provide me with the specific backup/media id's I need.

I want to be able to grab the specific media ID's from a backup done at
X time. This would be easy if I was using bpbackup as I could get grep
for "mounting media id XXX" from the logfile.

Thanks for any info/help.

Ryan