Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Changing NBU DB tapes out?

2000-08-18 17:48:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Changing NBU DB tapes out?
From: James Laurie jlaurie AT csu DOT org
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 15:48:55 -0600
Ryan,

NBU only tracks the 2 tapes specified in the NetBackup Database
Configuration. any other tapes in the NetBackup pool are available for
other use.
I only have 4 tapes in my NetBackup pool and I rotate them to NB
database duty every couple of months or so. All of my backup tapes are
pulled from other pools.
I suppose it would be wise to change to new tapes every year or so (you
can keep your labels, though) to be sure that you don't end up with data
corruption due to bad media.

Jim