Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 3.1.1 vs 3.2 client (Unix)

2000-08-09 16:56:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 3.1.1 vs 3.2 client (Unix)
From: James Laurie jlaurie AT csu DOT org
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 14:56:49 -0600
After our recent upgrade to NetBackup 3.2 we elected not to upgrade the
clients until we could assess the impact.
I upgraded one client which does both regular file backups as well as
Oracle 7.3.4 EBU backups. We had no trouble with file backups but Oracle
backups take 4-8 hours (for a rather small database). Most of that time
is just waiting for all other backup activity to finish at which point
it will finally "take off" and complete in a reasonable period of time.
I have increased the CLIENT_READ_TIMEOUT & CLIENT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT values
to 900 (15 minutes) but that has not had any effect.
We don't have any trouble with Oracle EBU backups using the 3.1.1
client.
Has anyone else run into this problem? Does anyone use the 3.2 client
with Oracle 8 RMAN (we hope to upgrade over the next few months) without
adverse impact on backup times?