Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Images on a volume (how to figure out some undocumented commands)

2000-07-24 14:46:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Images on a volume (how to figure out some undocumented commands)
From: John Brooks jobrooks AT winstar DOT com
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:46:00 -0400
Haifang,
  You can get a list of images on a volume with this command (The volume label
here is 000200):

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimmedia -U -mediaid 000200

You can also try -l (el) and -L instead of -U to get different info.

This is the same information that is given in the 'Images on Media' report in
the xbpadm GUI.  I found out how to
use the undocumented bpimmedia command by 'spying' on xbpadm.  You can do this
by starting xbpadm with the
-commands option.  This causes a new menu item to be added to the 'View' menu
called 'Commands'.  If you toggle
this setting on, another window will appear at the bottom of the xbpadm
display.  This window will display the
commands and options that xbpadm uses in the background.  If you then run the
'Images on Media' report, this pops
up in the window:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimmedia -U -mediaid 000200

Handy, eh?

John