Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client Restore: Retry and Timeout

2000-07-20 06:04:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client Restore: Retry and Timeout
From: George Roper backup_user AT hotmail DOT com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:04:01 GMT
Does NetBackup provide a facility to allow retry of Restore upon failure?

An example: I initiate a Restore on a client, it contacts the server and
starts uploading the data for restore, before the restore completes the
client goes away (network failure, whatever). I want NetBackup to either;-

  o retry until the Client comes back, continuing the Restore where it
left off.

     or

  o Fail the current Restore Job and restart it automatically once
    the client returns.

This type of functionality is written into the Backup Cycle through 'Number
of Retries' and 'Client Timeout Period', but I can't find this sort of
control within Restore.

Does any one know if the Restore process has control of such features?

PS I notice that bpgetconfig returns a parameter called RESTORE_RETRIES. Is
this relevant to my query and how is it set?

Thanks,

George