Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FYI: Netbackup 3.2 Installation problem

2000-07-14 09:14:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FYI: Netbackup 3.2 Installation problem
From: Pat Whelan pwhelan AT veritas DOT com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 06:14:47 -0700
The problem with the attached statement: "The problem is that this script
mismatches your drive numbers to drive path" is incorrect. Vmconf does not
match up drives and paths, it gives the user a list of drives and paths, and
the user is responsible for inputting them in the correct order. After using
vmconf or tpconfig it is always good to manually check the assignments. I
suggest using robtest to insert a tape into a drive then using the "mt -f
/dev/rmt/xxx status" command to see which drive has the tape. This is the
best way to insure that the tape drives match the paths. While this is time
consuming it should only have to be done once, unless more drives are added.

Patrick Whelan
Consulting
[NBU (with extensions) and Storage Migrator for UNIX]
[VxFS and Volume Manager]
pwhelan AT veritas DOT com

Of course this is just my opinion, I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller
Friends help friends move, good friends help move bodies - Unknown.