Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NEED DREAM MACHINE TO HOST ATL P1000 and BOOST NB

2000-07-12 17:25:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NEED DREAM MACHINE TO HOST ATL P1000 and BOOST NB
From: Zolla, Lawrence J ZOLLAL AT polaroid DOT com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 17:25:29 -0400
Hi Folks,
    I have already bought a P1000 (4 DLT drives) from a VAR.  I am
disappointed with my VAR as far as their knowledge on integrating it into my
infrastructure (poor as it may be).  This was a rush to beat Y2K

While I have the P1000 up and running , it is on a low end NEC workstation.
Our network ( I can't change  this right now) is 10Base T.    I was
wondering if any of you might share with me any info you has as to what
hardware your customers might be attaching the P1000 to.  We were hopping to
stay in a Windows NT environment.  Most of our staff is trained in that
environment and we like the GUI.  We are looking to configure a system that
will help us gain more throughput on this device.   I've been given some
money to go ahead and get a new workstation.  Where should I put the money
into; CPU, memory, disk controllers etc?  Remember I can not change the
network.  The current host is both the master and media server.
Any suggestions at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Larry Zolla
Polaroid
zollal AT polaroid DOT com