Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Robot Inventory via vmcheckxxx

2000-06-14 12:32:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Robot Inventory via vmcheckxxx
From: Paul Weaver paulw AT stratech DOT com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:32:30 -0400 (EDT)
There is also another quick way to check a robot's contents, but this may
depend
on the type of robot you are using and the OS also.  For the ATL libraries we
use and have installed, the following works for us (and then you can parse what
you are looking for):

# echo "s s" | tldtest -r robotic_path

A sample output as to what we see is:

slot 10 (addr 265) contains Cartridge = yes
Source address = 265
Barcode = AHB420
slot 11 (addr 266) contains Cartridge = yes
Source address = 266
Barcode = AHB421
slot 12 (addr 267) contains Cartridge = no
slot 13 (addr 268) contains Cartridge = no
slot 14 (addr 269) contains Cartridge = no
slot 15 (addr 270) contains Cartridge = no

Paul Weaver