Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DLT7000 on FC/AL

2000-06-09 12:37:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DLT7000 on FC/AL
From: Ayaz Mudarris ayaz AT colltech DOT com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:37:05 -0500
On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 10:37:49AM -0700, parker AT bctm DOT com wrote:
> Hi, folks,
>
> I'm about to dip my toe into the world of Veritas Netbackup (actually,
> for the amount I'm spending, I'll be dipping my whole body, I think!)
>
> I'm stuck on one point - we've got a number of systems on a SAN and want
> to implement NetBack SAN-ready. To that end, we'll be pursuing the
> Shared Storage option drive sharing for all of our tape drives (15 DLT
> 7000s in 3 jukeboxes), and we'll have in total 6 media servers including
> the master, a slave and 4 other big systems (with databases & big file
> systems, etc). Maybe overkill...

2 drives per CrossRoad Router.
4-5 drives per JNI HBA's

--
Ayaz

#!/a.k.a/jazz
"Internet is a bad neighborhood, where everyone's looking for trouble"
 _                       _                 Great Lakes Team
|_| C O L L E C T I V E |_|             Ayaz Mudarris, Consultant
   []   technologies  []                Email   : ayaz AT colltech DOT com
      A Pencom Company                  "Managing Systems and Networks"