Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Class Configuration

2000-05-27 05:52:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Class Configuration
From: George Roper backup_user AT hotmail DOT com
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 09:52:29 GMT
I have two hosts and a single 4 drive library. I've split the library,
connecting two drives to each of the hosts. One host is the Master, the
other a Media Server. I have two Storage Units - one associated with each
host.

To simplify administration I want to configure a single class that backs-up
the data structures on each of the hosts. However I want to optimise the
class data streams so that each host sends it's data to the local tape
drives.

I originally thought this was going to be straight forward but am unable to
achieve this through a single class. Using a Storage Unit of 'Any Available'
uses all tape resources but some streams backup locally while others cross
the network.

I have resolved the problem by creating two classes (one for each Server) -
each directing it's backup to the local Storage Unit. This adds to
administration work which I would rather not have done.

Has any-one experienced or considered this issue?

Any-one got suggestions how the backup can be achieved in a single class?

George