Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backing up netbackup database over NDMP

2000-05-26 17:31:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backing up netbackup database over NDMP
From: Michael Wei wei AT colltech DOT com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:31:17 -0500 (CDT)
Get an extra tape drive in the library that you can connect Sun box to
it.  It's not good idea at all to backup data remotely to an NDMP drive.
NDMP allows another NDMP host to write things to tape drive remotely block
by block.  This is how Netbackup lables tapes (and read those labels) on an
NDMP drive, and how Netbackup appends the TIR information to a tape in an NDMP
drive after an NDMP backup.

--Mike