Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Lots of files: Backup Performance

2000-05-19 16:27:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Lots of files: Backup Performance
From: Todd Stansell todd AT gnac DOT com
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:27:11 -0700
On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 07:01:34AM -0500, Rob Worman wrote:
> (can anyone attest to the quality of the solaris FlashBack product?
> I'd love to talk to someone with direct experience with it in
> production...)

Yes.  One of our clients used it rather extensively.  It was a fairly
large site consisting of EMC boxes and E4500's as NFS servers.  Large
filesystems, lots of data, very tiny files...

The product went through some significant revisions due to all of
the bugs that they found, but all of the changes were rolled into the
patchS0820364 patch, so be sure to apply that (or any newer ones that
have come out since then).

If you're curious about more, just let me know.

Todd