Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Lots of files: Backup Performance

2000-05-16 08:16:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Lots of files: Backup Performance
From: Todd Stansell todd AT gnac DOT com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 05:16:59 -0700
This is a prime situation for Flashbackup, an extension to NetBackup.
Raw device backup via VxFS filesystem snapshot.  Full inode index,
so you can do individual file restores or full raw partition restore.
Worked great on 550GB 57M inode filesystem -- took about 10 hours. :)
You should be able to get it done in ~2 hours...

Ask your friendly Sales Rep about it...

Todd