Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] A rhetorical question...

2000-05-10 18:11:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] A rhetorical question...
From: Ravi Kuppanna RKuppanna AT ichoose DOT com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 17:11:05 -0500
Hmm..

Cross mount point will cause the entire job to be one stream.
Which means if you have 50 filesystems with 300GB total,
any failure at the end of the backup will cause a re-attempt
of the whole 300GB. This is not cool at all...

Restores in the real world are a lot in-frequent compared to
backups. Or at least you hope. So, you are better off having
multiple streams so that only the failed streams are tried
again.

cheers
Ravi Kuppanna

--
Ravi Kuppanna
iChoose, Inc.

Buy smarter with the FREE iChoose Savings Alert.
Install it today at <http://www.ichoose.com/download/?r=1000323&p=1011>