Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape Life

2000-05-01 18:16:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape Life
From: Simon Lurye simon.lurye AT nsmg.veritas DOT com
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 18:16:42 -0400
It's not always the tape life that counts.  Usually a tape that has been
mounted over 300 times is ready for retirement.  Because DLT's get spooled
completely out of the tape cartridge upon every mount, they experience wear
and tear no matter if the tape is written to or not.

Simon Lurye
Senior Consultant
Veritas Software
(C) 917-864-0016, (H) 212-213-8587,
(P) 888-782-4923, 7824923 AT mobilemessage DOT com