Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question about vm.conf setting [DEVICE_HOST]

2000-04-19 15:41:32
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question about vm.conf setting [DEVICE_HOST]
From: Nee, Patrick patrick.nee AT lmco DOT com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:41:32 -0400
I'm pretty sure this setting means there are two hosts controlling the robot
(or what ever your tape setup is).  This is a possible set up and I've been
told it's fairly common. I don't have this setup so I'm not positive.

If the second is a client and doesn't actually control the tape drives/robot
I don't think it should be there. On the other hand, if server1 is only the
Netbackup server, and server2 actually controls the drives/robot, then the
DEVICE_HOST = server1 line shouldn't be there.

-
Patrick Nee

Patrick.Nee AT lmco DOT com
603.885.8634