Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU: NDMP opinions/info?

2000-04-05 16:20:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU: NDMP opinions/info?
From: Conner, Neil neil AT mbari DOT org
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:20:13 -0700
I wasn't the installer, but here's what I remember... We have a robotic
library with a single tape drive attached to the NetApp.  The issues we had
difficulty with had to do with configuring the storage unit on the master
server.  First, the NetApp backup device is installed as storage unit under
the master server (in our case, also the media server) - in other words, the
NetApp is not a Device Host. Second, under storage unit properties, the NBU
master server is the NDMP client, and the NetApp is the NDMP host - that
seemed backwards at first.

In media manager, the backup drive is addressed as /ndmp/nrst0a - that was
straight forward enough, but for our robot, the robotic device file was
/ndmp/mc0 (defined with the ../volmgr/bin/set_ndmp_attr command).  Remember
to add ALLOW_NDMP to bp.conf on the master server.

That's as much as I remember. Hope this helps...

Neil